BCS offers 21'' and 32'' Power Harrow options from Thivierge, however we stock Rinaldi for competetive pricing and to maintain 30" accustomed beds better. The Power Harrow is the preferred seedbed preparation tool by many market gardeners.
While the traditional BCS Rear-Tine Tiller mixes the soil with its vertically rotating tines, the Power Harrow's knives turn horizontally, stirring the soil like an eggbeater.
The goals of this implement are the following:
- Helps preserve soil structure by creating a larger particle size than that produced by the tiller
- Reduces weed seed germination by not bringing a new generation of seeds to the surface
- Gently levels and compacts the bed with its metal mesh roller
The integrated tang has a 2 bolts pin system for the female tractor bushing, which provides a side-to-side "float" on uneven terrain. This integrated tang also means a Quick Hitch bushing is required to mount to all BCS tractor models.
The gentle compaction of the mesh roller improves the performance of mechanical seeders. The roller also benefits the landscape industry by leveling uneven ground.
We also recommend 12'' wheels when coupled with models 749 and up.
Required Accessory: Bumper Weight Kit for easier turning at the end of the row. Due to the Power Harrow's integrated Tang, a Quick Hitch Bushing is required.
Pricing is based on current, best pricing, some of which is only valid to a certain quantity we may have left in stock. Call or email us to ensure we have the particular unit your interested in, in-stock, and reserve it for yourself.
Power Harrow 30"
- Improves soil structure by preserving natural soil layers and minimizing soil disturbrance
- Reduce weed seed germination by not bringing new generation of seeds to the surface
- Gently level and compact the bed with the metal mesh roller